#GivingTuesday, the international day of giving, takes place this year on December 2nd.
In the three years since it began, the #GivingTuesday movement has generated a lot of insight on what works and what doesn’t. And it has spawned many templates to help you create attention-grabbing images and copy for use on your website, in your newsletter and on social media. The best part is that most of the great #GivingTuesday advice and resources available are FREE!
Wading through all of these tools, however, can be time-consuming and intimidating. But you’re in luck.
We at The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. have reviewed a lot of what’s available and picked out what we think is most useful. So if you’re new to this worldwide giving movement or you’ve waited until the last minute to get your #GivingTuesday campaign started, here is our curated list of the resources you need:
- GivingTuesday.org: This is the official site for the worldwide #GivingTuesday movement. Register here and join the movement. Find and download the campaign toolkit and logos, read case studies, and get ideas from what other organizations are doing. Or connect to your local #GivingTuesday headquarters, like those for Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
- Amplify Your Fundraising Results with #GivingTuesday and Community Giving Days: Watch our webinar recording with tips and ideas from the 92nd Street YMCA, creators of #GivingTuesday, and the Community First Foundation, creators of Colorado Gives.
- 5 #GivingTuesday Tips: How to Empower Your Supporters to Fundraise for You: Simple, practical tips with a link to a bonus, downloadable #GivingTuesday marketing kit.
- Using Donor Stories For A Successful Giving Tuesday: Advice on putting the spotlight on your donors to inspire other donors
- #GivingTuesday || The Super Bowl of Crowdfunding: The 3 R’s of #GivingTuesday from a campaign veteran.
- 7 Steps to Social Success on #GivingTuesday: 7 steps from Network for Good with a bonus download of social-media message samples.
- 29 Ideas for #GivingTuesday 2014 you haven’t thought of: Out-of-the-box ideas to help your fundraising efforts.
- The Ultimate Last-Minute #GivingTuesday Campaign Checklist: The perfect guide for anyone who has yet to get their #GivingTuesday campaign planning started.
Which sources do you find most useful in planning your fundraising campaigns? Let us know in the comments.