Tap your creativity with Altruette’s Junior League Charm Challenge!
The winning design will recognize and benefit the work of Junior League women around the world.
Here’s the story:
Altruette produces a line of philanthropic jewelry that raises money and awareness for the nonprofits admired by its founders, former Fortunemagazine editors Julie Schlosser and Lee Clifford. They have raised tens of thousands of dollars for their cause-related partners such as CARE.org, Save the Whales and GlobalGiving.org.
After years of successfully selling their wares at the holiday markets of various Leagues, the pair decided to demonstrate their appreciation for the important work being done by Junior League women all around the world.
Julie and Lee invite the Association’s 150,000 members to harness their creativity in the design of Altruette’s first charm honoring The Junior League. Maybe you’re an artist, an interior designer or a fashion visionary. Or maybe you’ve always had a burning desire to put your stamp on something that can last—or lend your talents to a good cause. Here’s your chance. Ten percent of proceeds from the sales of the winning design will benefit the Association.
How to enter:
It’s simple. In a one-page document, sketch your design concept for a Junior League charm and provide a brief description.
- Only Junior League members can apply
- Send design ideas in a one-page document to email@example.com February 20, 2015
- You can send questions to this email address as well
- Following the Feb. 20 deadline, a jury consisting of Altruette founders Julie Schlosser and Lee Clifford and AJLI staff members will select the top five charm ideas
- The five finalists will be announced at Annual Conference in April
- Following Annual Conference, all Junior League members will be invited to vote online for the winning design
- The voting period will end June 25
- The winner will be announced at Fall Leadership in New Orleans, September 17-19
- The charm featuring the winning design will be available for sale at the conference
- The winner will receive a $500 gift card to Altruette; the four remaining finalists will receive a $50 gift card to altruette.com
- The winner and her League’s work will be profiled in Altruette’s “journal;” The Junior League will be listed in “causes we support”
- In the fall, when Altruette debuts the design, it will also host a launch event in the winning League-member’s community
- AJLI will receive 10% of each charm sold
For more inspiration click here.